Monday, November 06, 2006

Today's displacement activity...

... is writing this blog, communicating with other ex-OU Creative Writing virtual friends, doing the washing, avoiding the cleaning, walking the dogs, playing Free Cell... Anything rather than Humanities course work.

Why?
(Sweeping statement coming up)
I hate philosophy.

Block 1 of the OU course I am studying concludes with 'Reasoning'. There is a whole other language here that challenges the way in which I use the same words in everyday speech. I live in a 'words of one syllable, black is black and white is white' world.
Don't get me wrong - I don't have anything personal against philosophers, and those that challenge the status quo. I just can't get my head around the whole concept of wanting to argue 'just because ...' probably because I'll do anything for a quiet life.

So, can't put the moment off any longer. Once I've done this part of the assignment, I can wrap it up ready to send to my tutor.
Next Block - "The Colosseum".
Shame there's not a field trip involved.

1 comment:

Ouch Potato said...

Having been through the same thing last year, and getting to thoroughly despise philosophy, you have my every sympathy. (grin)
I do hope the rest of the course went more swimmingly for you!