Monday, October 23, 2006

Getting Started

Getting started... Hmm. How often have I read those words and then spent the next few days fighting with the computer/video/new washing machine? I'm hoping this will be much easier. ( Note: It was. Probably.)

So, why a blog?
Because it's there, waiting to be written.

Like a number of my fellow students who have also just finished the first OU Creative Writing course, I have become a compulsive writer. Some of them (hats off to all!) have just signed up for this year's NaNoWriMo, but I have just embarked on another nine months-worth of study on the OU's Introduction to Humanities and fear failure should I embark on trying to write a novel in a month! Not me. Not yet.
So, this seems to be a compromise - writing as often as I can for 'public' scrutiny, without too much pressure. After all, I still go to work sometimes - and often at very short notice.

No comments: